Timothy Richards | UK
NYC New York Stock Exchange Architectural Sculpture | Extra Large Custom NYSE Statue | Building Model | Made in England | Timothy Richards
New York Stock Exchange Architectural Sculpture | Extra Large Custom NYSE Statue | Building Model | Extraordinary Detail and Quality | Made in England | Timothy Richards
Designed by George B. Post | When – 1903 | Where – New York, USA
Prior to 1901 the New York Stock Exchange moved from building to building as the need for more space increased. During the years of 1896 and 1901 volume of stocks traded increased by six times and it was decided that a huge permanent Exchange building was required.
Eight architects were asked to submit their designs in a competition which George B. Post won with his neoclassical design. The new building opened at 18 Broad Street on 22nd April 1903. The marble pediment contains high relief sculptures and sits atop 6 tall columns topped with Corinthian capitals. The pediment relief of the Stock Exchange was sculpted by John Quincy Adams Ward and carved by the Piccirilli Brothers. It represents Integrity Protecting the Works of Man.
- Measures approximately 37 inches left to right, 36 inches in height, and 12 inches front to back
- A substantial, impressive, piece of art.
- Produced in England by Timothy Richards
- This scale facade model is hand-made to order and may take 25 or more weeks to produce.
- If you require this by a certain date, please allow us to know and we will do our very best to accommodate you.
Please Note: A Delivery Fee may or may not be additional. This is dependent upon where it is required to be delivered.