Timothy Richards | UK
Jane Austen's House, Bath, England | Jane Austen's Townhouse | Buillding Sculpture | Custom Architectural Model | Made in England | Timothy Richards
Architectural Sculpture | Jane Austen's Home | Bath, England | Custom Model | Extraordinary Quality Detail
This terrace home is typical of what you will find in Bath. Elegant, adaptable and handsome.
It is faced with Bath stone in the form of smooth blocks called ‘ashlar’.
The Palladian terrace house (after Andrea Palladio) has different sizes of windows.
The house proportions have been adapted from
‘Palladian’ proportions after the Renaissance architect Andrea Palladio (1508 -1580).
The whole scheme is classical and with no obvious decoration … what decoration there are relates directly to the form and function of the building e.g. the small ‘peditinent’ as in a pitched temple roof forms a convenient shelter over the front door.
Bath was a very smoky place when the weather was down. Acid rain slowly ate away the soft Bath stone.
- This piece of art measures approximately 7.5 by 3.5 by 2 inches (Height: 190mm, Width: 89mm, Depth: 50mm)
- 1.3 kg (just under 3.5 pounds)
- A substantial, impressive, piece of art.
- Hand created in England by Timothy Richards
- This model is hand made to order and may take several weeks to produce.
- If you require this by a certain date, please allow us to know.
- Complimentary, luxury gift wrap is always available