Timothy Richards | UK
DC White House Building Sculpture | Washington, DC | Custom Architectural Model | Made in England | Timothy Richards
Architectural Sculpture | White House | Washington, DC | Custom Model | Extraordinary Quality Detail
A limited edition piece of 300, this magnificent plaster model is the most highly detailed and accurate replica of the iconic home of the American president to be found anywhere.
In 1792 a competition was held for the design of the President’s House. George Washington and the three competition commissioners passed over Jefferson’s Rotonda scheme and selected the more conservative design submitted by the Irish-born architect James Hoban. Hoban’s design followed the Anglo-Palladian country house tradition. It was originally built without the projecting north portico which was added in 1829.
- This substantial piece of art measures approximately 16.5 by 6.5 by 7 inches
- Approximately 13.5 pounds
- A substantial, impressive, piece of art.
- Hand created in England by Timothy Richards
- This model is hand made to order and may take many weeks to produce.
- If you require this by a certain date, please allow us to know.
- Complimentary, luxury gift wrap is always available