Timothy Richards | UK
DC White House Architectural Sculpture | Custom White House Door Plaster Model | Made in England | Timothy Richards
Our President's Front Door | White House Entrance Architectural Sculpture | Washington, DC | Custom Monument Sculptures
THE WHITE HOUSE | WASHINGTON USA | Single Bookend
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue better known as The White House has stood as symbol of the Presidency, the United States government and the American people for over 200 years. In December 1790 President George Washington signed an Act of Congress declaring that the federal government would reside in a district not exceeding 10 miles square on the river Potomac. Irish born James Hoban won the competition to find a builder of the President's House.
The model shows the front door approached via the portico of the north side. The scale of the pillars and quality of detailing denote its status and authority. The fine details on the model were captured from elevation plans and photographs taken by Timothy. Lead castings were used for the door handles, which were then hand painted in gold.
- Measures approximately 9 by 6.5 by 4.5 inches
- Weighs a little over 5.5 pounds
- An elegant, impressive, piece of art.
- Hand created in England by Timothy Richards
- This model is hand made to order and may take several weeks to produce.
- If you require this by a certain date, please allow us to know.
- Please regard this as a sample of what we may produce for you on a commission basis.