Timothy Richards | UK
DC Capitol Dome Building Sculpture Award | Washington, DC | Custom Architectural Model | Made in England | Timothy Richards
Architectural Sculpture | Capitol Building | Washington, DC | Custom Model | Extraordinary Quality and Detail | Made in England | Timothy Richards
This magnificent plaster model is the most highly detailed and painstakingly accurate replica of the iconic U.S. Capitol Building to be found anywhere. Hand-crafted in plaster by Architect/Historian Timothy Richards in his Bath England studio, this replica is a treasure of exacting detail.
The structure itself was originally designed by William Thornton in 1793, rebuilt after the 1814 fire, and expanded over many years by architects Benjamin Henry Latrobe, Charles Bulfinch, and Thomas Ustick Walter respectively. Thornton’s scheme was in the Anglo-Palladian tradition of a half-century earlier and called for a central Pantheon-type saucer dome. The Capitol’s most defining feature today, Walter’s enormous cast-iron dome, was added in 1860- 63 to replace a lower dome, reconstructed after the 1814 fire.
- Measures approximately 7.5 by 13 by 6.5 inches
- It weighs a little over 10.5 pounds
- This is a substantial, impressive, piece of art.
- The detail is incredible.
- Hand created in England by Timothy Richards
- This model is hand-made to order.
- If you require this by a certain date, please allow us to know.
- Our complimentary, luxury gift wrap is always available
- If this is an award or special gift, please allow us to know and we will do our best to accommodate you with appropriate text to be included. Please allow us to know of your interest and we will happily assist you.
STUDIO BURKE DC | Enquiries@StudioBurkeDC.com | +1.202.331.4224